Tuesday 1 June 2010

Let There Be Light!


I give you one of my most recent sketchs, they're coming through a little slow at the moment, perhaps hopefully, this blog will encourage me more. I nearly always work in a moleskine notebook (large or small) and most often in pen and ink. I sometimes try watercolours and washes but they usually come out looking like solid block poster paints.... work needed then.
Regards the picture, I have on the windowsill opposite my chair a group of glass candlesticks and an oil lamp that are at their best with the long summer nights that we get up here on Orkney. I had been planning to sketch them for ages and the summer light finally got me "moving" and the result and the title seemed appropriate for a first posting....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the blog and I hope you stay motivated as I'd like to see more of your work. This is very nice.

    ReplyDelete